top of page

Mindfulness Wellness Group

Public·10 members

Professional Blogging For Dummies [NEW]

Maybe it seems like big-name bloggers have conquered all the best blogging niches out there. Or perhaps the technical side of blogging just seems so daunting. Is it even worth blogging, for beginners?

Professional blogging for dummies

Because this is an in-depth guide to blogging, you might want to keep it in a safe place to come back to. The simplest way to do that is to share a link on your Facebook page, pin the post to a board on Pinterest, or tweet a link to it.

With this type of blogging, you can infuse a lot of your personality into your blog. You can develop your writing voice and keep readers coming back for more because they love the way you write and think.

There are lots of blogs that pay freelancers to write for them. Many freelancers love blogging because of the quick turnaround times compared with magazines and other publications: you could write an article one week and see it published the next.

Some bloggers do this the other way around: they start a popular blog on a specific topic then write a book about it. James Clear is a great example of this: he was blogging about habits before he wrote his bestselling book Atomic Habits.

Some blogs even pay guest posters, making this a particularly good promotional strategy if you want to get freelance blogging work. It can also be a great way to spread a message or to get more samples of your writing.

You might not feel 100% ready. But the very best way to learn is to dive right in. Get your blog online, start publishing posts and share them as widely as you can. Keep learning more about blogging and keep trying new things.

Ready to make your mark on the online world? Start a blog! Blogging For Dummies provides you with information on blogging basics, the anatomy of a good blog, and the tools required to get started.

• The bestselling guide to blogging Ready to make your mark on the online world? Start a blog! This bestselling book provides you with easy-to-follow guidance on blogging basics, the anatomy of a good blog, and the tools required to get started. Plus, you'll get advice on picking a blog topic, choosing a domain name and host, writing your first post, planning an editorial calendar, and using your blog as an important part of your personal brand. Inside... Decide which of the major blogging platforms will work for you

• Use SEO to drive traffic to your blog

• Monetize through advertising and sponsorships

• Create content that draws in loyal readers

About the Author

My name is Scott Chow, and I am going to show you how to start blogging today. I have been building blogs and websites since 2002. In that time I have launched several of my own blogs, and helped hundreds of others do the same.

At its heart, blogging is about sharing your knowledge with the world. Writing about things that you are passionate about makes the process of starting a successful blog so much easier. As long as you are writing about things that you are genuinely interested in, your passion will shine through and keep your visitors interested.

You also need to have the software to build your blog. In this guide I will be showing you how to build a blog using the WordPress blogging software, because it is the most popular, customizable, and easiest to use.

Edit Your Work: Your blog content should be sufficiently edited. Nothing says unprofessional like several typographical and grammatical errors. If you need a few refresher courses in grammar, consider using a writing application.

Blogging weekly also helps improve your traffic from search engines, which you can track in your Google Analytics account. When you first begin blogging your latest posts will take time to show up on search engines. As you continue to post regularly you will naturally have more blog posts showing up in the search results, which means more traffic to your blog.Why do blogs fail?Almost any blog has the potential to become a success, yet most blogs fail. And there are many reasons why. Here are the most common reasons why a blog fails:

Hi Scott,Thanks for the great info on starting a blog. I am about to set up a blog that will be mostly political commentary. I also have numerous papers and presentations I have written over the years that I would like to post and make accessible to visitors, apart from my periodic blogging. Do you have advice as to how I can upload them on separate pages?

How did I manage to make this change from hobby to career? I started blogging with a different mindset. I stopped writing about what kept my own mind busy and I started writing about what my audience wants to read. I learnt about SEO and started applying it wherever I could.

I remember back in the days of hobby blogging I joined lots of Facebook groups in which other hobby bloggers would convince each other that you should only be a blogger if you genuinely enjoy it. You should NEVER do it for money. Blogging for money was almost taboo. So that was my mindset back then.

Web.com pricing starts at $1.95 per month for their website starter plan which comes with their drag & drop site builder, blogging platform, hundreds of beautiful templates, thousands of free stock images, and a free domain.

Gator is a website builder and blogging platform created by HostGator, the popular web hosting company that we once used to host the WPBeginner website. Gator offers a drag & drop tool that you can use to build any type of website including blogs, business sites, and even an online store.

Tumblr is a little different than other blogging platforms. It is a microblogging platform with social networking features including following other blogs, reblogging, built-in sharing tools, and more.

We believe that WordPress.org outperforms all other blogging sites. It is powerful, easy to use, affordable, and the most flexible of all available blogging platforms. Here are all the reasons why you should use WordPress.

Most blogging platform that we have listed above offer a free version, but in our expert opinion, WordPress is the best free blogging platform. There is a reason why over 43% of all websites use WordPress.

You can make money with just about every blog topic as long as you have an audience, but there are several blogging niches that are more successful than others. The top blog topics include health & fitness, personal finance, fashion, lifestyle, business & marketing, and travel.

We hope this article helped you choose the best blogging platform for your next blog. You may also want to see our guide on how to create an email newsletter to grow your blog subscribers, and our guide on how to create a business email address for your blog.

I have a question for you. Is there any blogging platform that is better for blogs with written text? I am currently using Tumblr and I like how easy it is to use but I find that most of what everybody posts there is images and very little text. I am not sure people are that interested in reading written texts. Do you have any advise on this? Or are all blogging platforms more oriented towards images than writing anymore?

Clueless, confused, and confounded with choices, we had no idea how to start a blog or how to be a blogger. When should we start? How do we register a domain name? What is hosting? Which blogging platform should we use? How do we choose a blog theme? What is a plugin? What should we write about? Heck, we could hardly spell HTML, let alone build a blog!

But after giving you those detailed instructions, which could save you hundreds of hours of wasted time, we also want to give you some good reasons why you should not start a blog. (Keep in mind that these reasons are just our opinions, and we do not pretend to offer them up as a collection of empirical blogging maxims.)

While the lines have blurred over the years, the simplest way to put it is that a blog is a type of website, one that catalogues, over time, the personal or professional thoughts and beliefs of a person or organization.

On top of the 3 methods above, you can do so much more with your WordPress blog. You can make WordPress blogs specifically for reviews, fashion blogging, food blogging with recipes, and more. Each of these blog types brings you more unique opportunities to make money.

Yes, there are several other blogging platforms available. We have compared them all, and WordPress is by far the best website builder solution in the market to make a blog with complete ownership and freedom.

Choosing the right niche for your blog makes it easier to create engaging content and make more money online. Our experts have researched the 7 best blogging niches that you should consider when starting your blog.

Thank you for this post. I am just being introduced to blogging in a course I am taking. We are using WordPress to create blogs. Honestly, I find the whole process a little intimidating. I appreciate you taking the time to walk beginning through the step to create a blog.

For pricing, we considered whether a blogging platform offered a free version or free trial. For those that charge fees, we looked at what the starting price was, what the range of prices was between the various tiers available and whether each higher tier offered valuable add-ons that benefit users. Pricing totaled 20% of our weighted scoring.

We turned to popular third-party review websites, including G2, Capterra and Trustpilot, to find out what real users of these blogging platforms thought about them. To score these, we looked for reviews on each site that scored at least 3.5 out of 5 points and rated the companies on how many reviews were left in that range for each blogging platform. These customer reviews accounted for 5% of the total score.

The reason you're blogging is to solve problems for your audience and, ultimately, to grow your business. So, all of your blog post ideas should help serve those growth goals. They should have natural tie-ins to issues in your industry and address specific questions and concerns your prospects have. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page